Tuesday, July 10, 2012
You Want Fries with that Shake?
Well, we don't have shakes but we DO now have fries at Padre's! Fried pickle chips, too. We've been closed for the past few days, but Paul and I have been hard at work. I've organized & taken stock of our food while Paul has worked wonders with our stage, backstage, and sound equipment. There's lots of music coming this week and we can't wait. Tomorrow local record collector, musician, and all-around great guy Tavahn will spin some tunes, and this weekend we'll host two bands of friends from Austin: Not in the Face & Slow Train. We just need to get my old blue Christmas lights hung on the patio and we'll be set!
Not much has happened lately besides work, so there isn't much to tell. We grabbed a beer at our neighbor bar, Planet Marfa, Sunday night and met some nice people from Ft. Davis who work at a bistro in the local hotel there. Paul sat in on the open mic and played Lost Highway and a Stones tune with Jon the owner of Planet Marfa sitting in on harmonica. Jon told us stories of Sister Marge, who he lovingly calls Sister Sarge, from St. Mary's, the mission style Catholic church (pictured above) next door to his cantina, and of recently running into an old friend from his college days (in the 60's) named Daddio. Or is that Daddy-O? Sooner or later, everyone comes to Marfa, and if you run the local bar you've got a good chance of bumping into them. That's my hope, at least.
Tonight Paul and I are getting cleaned up and are headed to Ft. Davis for dinner at the bistro, and then to the Star Party at McDonald Observatory. Of all of the times I've visited Marfa, this will be my first time at the observatory, and I'm ready to be amazed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment